Lately I need to use DBDesigner’s Reverse Engineering feature. I stumbled upon DBDesigner-Fork. I downloaded the tarball version, and uncompressed it. At first I couldn’t run it using startdbd_using_ubuntu, so tried it using startdbd_usingAMD64, and it ran. Later I found that I should remove the kernel2.4 environment variable in the startdbd_using_ubuntu.
But I can not access MySQL. Trying to replace the libmysqlclient.so in the Linuxlib with my Debian’s results nothing. Searching around, I found here that I can use dbxmda.tar.gz in place of libsqlmy.so in the setting. Now it runs fine, though with lesser font quality than the Windows’ version. Maybe I should try installing the Windows version using Wine instead.
Please share your experience